Hello Fashion Loves,
This is a revamp of an old blog post from awhile back, I hope you enjoy and get some of these FREE closet clean-out tips:
During the summer, I tend to cut down on my wardrobe a little, shedding my wardrobe with things I don’t wear or that are worn out! I normally suggest the same thing for others. Most of the time, I try to get this done before I leave school for summer break, cuts down on things I bring home or at the very beginning of summer, as soon as I get home; before I start to buy new things. Here are some tips on what you should get rid of in your closet, so that you can add fresh new pieces.
- Is there a button missing or a hole in this garment?
- When is the last time you’ve worn this garment?
- How well does this garment fit? ( if it fits too loose or too tight, ditch it!)
- Is the garment worth being altered?
If you have a problem, judging whether to throw out your garments or not, ask a friend to help with the process.
Shoes & Accessories:
- Does the piece have any damages?
- How well does it fit?
- Will you wear the piece in the next 2 weeks?
- Accessories, how well does it look compared to when you bought it?
I would suggest going through your closet for a clean-out every season, to make room for items that you will buy during that time of year.
Here are a few things that should remain in your closet, no matter the season:
- Tank tops ( during the cold months, these are great for layers)
- A light sweater (for cold summer mornings/evenings)
- A good set of lounge clothes ( sweat pants/sweat shirts)
- Work-out clothes
This is a list of things that should be replaced every 6-12 months:
- White/Black T-shirts (these pieces don’t stay fresh looking for long, so it never hurts to buy new ones)
- Stud Earrings ( every girl needs a fresh pair of studs, they are so easy to lose so always make sure you have a fresh pair available)
- Jeans ( maybe not replaced but a new pair of jeans should be added to your wardrobe at least 1-2 times a year; to replace the ones that are developing holes )
Also, something that wouldn’t hurt is a new pair of shoes every couple of months to replace the shoes that you should let go!
For extra Assistance, Honeyb is here to help!
Find out how to get your Closet Revamped by me.
Hello Fashion Loves,
Hey Fashion Loves,
Today is “World Book Day”! Celebrating the love of books, the importance of reading them, expanding our imaginations and creating our own stories.
I came up with a few outfits inspired by a few popular book characters!
I hope today you cuddle up with a good book and let your imagination takeover!
What’s your favorite book?
Don’t I look cold?!